Friday, November 18, 2011

My New Love.....
It's not only Pinterest, but this wonderful Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint that is allowing me to easily convert several pictures frames from gold or nickel to a more updated oil rubbed bronze, which matches my current hardware, and is much cheaper than buying new frames!  Have you looked at the cost of frames recently?  Holy cow.


I took my first frame, sanded it lightly with fine grit sandpaper, and I ended up applying three very thin coats in total.  I wish I had taken a "before" picture, but I didn't know how much I would like this finish. I am pretty sure the sanding wasn't even necessary, just a good wipe down to remove dust, etc... 










Here it is after (pardon the carpy picture, I need a new camera): 
What's that my frame is laying on?  My next project, a huge
4" x 8' mirror!


Here's the next frame with tape covering it's
fabric strip:
Gold now......


Oil rubbed bronze, in another 2 coats....

No comments:

Post a Comment